October 20 - October 21
5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
It's time to get wild at Northwest Trek for the spookiest event of the year. Wander our trails and find trick-or-treat stations, or spot animals in the dark on a special nighttime tram tour. Freaky food science, creepy crafts and real live owls, spiders and snakes - it's all here at Hoot 'n' Howl.
Things to do
- Take a special nighttime tram tour in the Free Roaming Area and look for animals under the stars.
- Wander our lit paths to find wolves, forest animals and trick-or-treat stations.
- Play games like Skee Ball, duck pond, miniature golf, Plinko and bean bag toss under the picnic pavilion. There's candy to be won!
- Watch Freaky Food Science demonstrations under the white tent at 6 pm, 7 pm and 8 pm each night.
- Learn about ravens and bats at the Baker Research Cabin - decorated Edgar Allen Poe-style - and make a creepy craft.
- Learn how to survive the Zombie Apocalypse.
- Meet animals up close at Trailside Encounters.
- Vote for your favorite pumpkin carved by Northwest Trek staff.
Guests are encouraged to come in costume (but adults should leave masks and scary face paint at home).
Northwest Trek will be open from 9:30 am, with gates closing for entry and last tram ride at 2 pm. Visitors must leave the park by 3:30 pm. Gates reopen at 4:30 pm for check-in, 5 pm for activities.
Conserve resources! Bring your own reusable candy bag from home. This is an easy way to make trick-or-treating more "green."
Online ticket holders:
- Please check the date on your ticket!
- Check in on arrival to get your tram tour time.
online Ticket Sales Have now Closed.
Day-of tickets still available: $16.
NOTE: Tram tour only if space available for day-of tickets.