April 7 - April 8
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Here's what's happening:
- Animal enrichments and keeper talks
11:30 am at Wetlands (both days)
1:30 pm at Bears (both days)
- Mason bee keeping demonstration
11 am and 2:30 pm at Picnic Pavilion (both days)
In this hands-on demonstration you'll learn about these gentle pollinators from cocoon to flight, and discover their amazing pollinating abilities. It's simple to be a Mason Bee Keeper - you can do it too!
Saturday: Special guest "Mason Bee Mike"
Sunday: Our own horticulturalist Jake Pool
- Mason bee bundle-making
All day in the Picnic Pavilion: Make your own bee nesting bundle to take home!
- Foraging hikes on the nature trails
10:15 am, 12:30 pm, 3 pm (both days)
Join a guided hike and learn to identify the wild edible foods found in Pacific Northwest forests. You can even sample some wild flavors!
- Try "Forest Forage Pizza" made with nettles foraged right here at Northwest Trek. All day in the Forest Cafe .
- Springtime crafts and activities in the Cheney Discovery Center. "Build a Bug," do a springtime craft and grab a sensory scavenger hunt to look and listen for signs of spring!
- Look at the world through animal eyes at the Baker Cabin
- Take a photo tour to capture that delicate spring foliage! (Saturday 8-10:30 am)
With thanks to: