Horticulture VolunteersHorticulture Volunteers assist Northwest Trek staff in maintaining park grounds.
Assists permanent and part-time horticulture personnel with large and small projects. Performs some park landscaping projects with minimal supervision.
- Assists in keeping grounds well maintained and clearing paths
- Assists with major and minor landscaping projects
- Assists with landscaping and restoration projects, using acceptable horticultural practices
- Assists in removing non-native and invasive species of plants from all areas of the park, including working in animal exhibits
- 18 years of age or older.
- Neat and clean appearance
- Ability to communicate with public and park staff in a polite, helpful and courteous manner
- Ability to carry out written and oral directions
- Physically fit and able to work in all weather conditions
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Learn basic biology and natural history of native wildlife and ecosystems.
- Able to work in all weather conditions and walk the core area of the park.
- Know and follow park rules and regulations.
- Learn basic interpretation techniques and skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to be courteous, tactful and patient at all times in the park when interacting with the public, staff and other volunteers.
Available to volunteer on a regular weekly basis (four hours weekly is suggested)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.